So, Thanks to a lot of help from Don Ash and Joe and Michaela, I am officially moved into my new place! I still have to finish un packing my bedroom stuff, and my clothes but otherwise I am all settled!
...except of course my AC went out on Sunday (aka my first day in my new place). This would seem bad except...
I woke up Monday morning to my power out. I called SRP and they said they are closed for the holiday and will not turn on the power.
I have waited around all day today, no power. Which means the cable and internet cannot be set up. Which means, I have to hope that while I am at class tonight, the power is turned on, so the cable guy can come first thing in the morning.
This was supposed to be easier than living with other people. Now I just wish I had a roommate who could stay home all day and wait for utility people.
I am still happy to be in my new place.
Oh yeah, did I mention my super awesome housewarming gift from my parents?! I am getting a Roomba!Check it out: http://store.irobot.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3334619&cp=2804605&ab=CMS_IRBT_Storefront_011510_vacuumcleaning
I will come home to a freshly vacuumed house every day! How you ask? because this roomba can be programmed to vacuum how ever often I like. it starts on its own, vacuums, then goes back to its docking station! I haven't bought him yet - but it is going to be awesome!!...you know, when I have the electicity to charge him up :/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, at least you're not left wondering if you remembered to pay the electric bill! Of course these things happen on holiday weekends or when the temperature is about 110 degrees. Are you going to name your Roomba?
Dave wants to know if you are having Larry the Cable Guy or just some anonymous cable guy come to your place. Ha Ha
I cannot imagine a power company not fixing your electricity whether it is a holiday or not! Hopefully it is back tonight (Tuesday June 1).
Be sure to attach an iPod to your roomba so you create DJ Roomba. That's what Tom did on Parks and Rec and it was AWE-Some!
Post a Comment